A few days ago, I wanted to make myself a breakfast so I turned on the gas and placed some pot of water on it. I was yet to decide what I wanted to cook and so for some minute I was busy romancing my appetite to know what I wanted for breakfast....great! Boiled yam and a fried egg will do just fine, I said. By now the water was busy boiling and i just kinda ignore the fact that I was wasting some resources.I wanted to turn it off while I peel the yam to save some gas from wasting as the usual me would have done but I just kinda ignore the urge for no reason. So I took my time to peel the yam and then placed them gently in the boiling water, while I headed for the refrigerator to get some egg which I seasoned and whisked. Some few minutes later my phone rang and I went to attend to the call.
I got into the kitchen some few minutes later to find out the fire was off...Wait, what happened? I turned the burner on and discovered the gas had finished. Oh my God! I exclaimed, not now, I said because I was really hungry and getting a gas refill was not always fast. I was very disappointed and the saving grace was that the yam managed to boil and was softened a little.So I served some boiled yam and added some palm oil just to satisfy my rumbling stomach.
While I was eating my meal with loads of dissatisfaction, I didn't like nor do I imagined eating boiled yam and palm oil, I wanted fried egg at least.
The spirit of Counsel began to teach me the lessons of life.He reminded me of the opportunities I had to get what I wanted but I blew it believing there was plenty of gas, He reminded me of how I got the nudge to save the gas but I ignored, it dawned on me that the gas spent almost an hour burning with no purpose whereas it would have taken only 20 minutes to prepare what I really wanted.
Our lives is like the burning gas, we let it run purposeless because we somehow just have the feeling that we have plenty of time.You don't! It's unfortunate that so many people are caught unawares like I was because they thought their lives would never end and suddenly got sucked out. Many people are yet to give their lives a direction, yet to get the purpose, they allow their lives to run aimlessly thinking they would do that in the future. How much time do you have?
Some have been on the journey to find purpose and still do not have a clue, why not ask God. Live your life knowing that one day you will be audited, you will give an account of all the idle time.You are meant to execute and fulfil a mandate with your life but are you really living up to that expectation?
I just want you to think again and align with the mind of God for you. Don't waste your life doing the wrong things.Don't get caught up in doing so many things, just do the needful. Don't waste your time, you will never get a refill. Don't procrastinate because tomorrow is not promised.
Help the needy if you must, write that song, write that book, tell someone about Jesus today, propose to that lady if the time is right, honour your parents today, submit that proposal, send the apology text and live your every day as if you have no control over when it ends because you really don't.
Thanks for reading this today, I hope it propels you to take new actions and if you really need someone to talk to regarding your purpose, I am more than available to go through the journey with you. Just leave me a message.
Till my next post....live purposefully.
I got into the kitchen some few minutes later to find out the fire was off...Wait, what happened? I turned the burner on and discovered the gas had finished. Oh my God! I exclaimed, not now, I said because I was really hungry and getting a gas refill was not always fast. I was very disappointed and the saving grace was that the yam managed to boil and was softened a little.So I served some boiled yam and added some palm oil just to satisfy my rumbling stomach.
While I was eating my meal with loads of dissatisfaction, I didn't like nor do I imagined eating boiled yam and palm oil, I wanted fried egg at least.
The spirit of Counsel began to teach me the lessons of life.He reminded me of the opportunities I had to get what I wanted but I blew it believing there was plenty of gas, He reminded me of how I got the nudge to save the gas but I ignored, it dawned on me that the gas spent almost an hour burning with no purpose whereas it would have taken only 20 minutes to prepare what I really wanted.
Our lives is like the burning gas, we let it run purposeless because we somehow just have the feeling that we have plenty of time.You don't! It's unfortunate that so many people are caught unawares like I was because they thought their lives would never end and suddenly got sucked out. Many people are yet to give their lives a direction, yet to get the purpose, they allow their lives to run aimlessly thinking they would do that in the future. How much time do you have?
Some have been on the journey to find purpose and still do not have a clue, why not ask God. Live your life knowing that one day you will be audited, you will give an account of all the idle time.You are meant to execute and fulfil a mandate with your life but are you really living up to that expectation?
I just want you to think again and align with the mind of God for you. Don't waste your life doing the wrong things.Don't get caught up in doing so many things, just do the needful. Don't waste your time, you will never get a refill. Don't procrastinate because tomorrow is not promised.
Help the needy if you must, write that song, write that book, tell someone about Jesus today, propose to that lady if the time is right, honour your parents today, submit that proposal, send the apology text and live your every day as if you have no control over when it ends because you really don't.
Thanks for reading this today, I hope it propels you to take new actions and if you really need someone to talk to regarding your purpose, I am more than available to go through the journey with you. Just leave me a message.
Till my next post....live purposefully.
No comments:
Post a Comment